Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Still motion.



I've often heard photographers grumble about the current trend of "everyone being a photographer these days." We as professionals have to stay ahead of the curve, recession proof our business, focus on areas that not everyone can master.....things like creative lighting, off camera flash, post processing, video, creatively thinking outside of the Pinterest box, and most importantly just being ourselves. There is room for all of us in this business; amateurs, pros and those in between. We all started somewhere. There is years of knowledge that goes into "mastering" photography, if there is even a time that you can call it that. Just ask anyone who buys a new camera and calls you in frustration because their photos don't look like yours. Everyone may have a DSLR these days, but nobody can be you.

With that being said, I am excited to have started the very long process in learning the video aspect of our business. I have no idea where this will take us, but I do know that there is a lovely feeling that comes over me when still images come to life.

My husband posted a link to our very own TTD (Trash the dress) in Mexico which took place the day before our wedding. Keep in mind, we were very nervous and it was a rare 6 degree cold spell in Mexico that week. I bought a tacky dress with this shoot in mind as I couldn't stand to wreck my own.

http://vimeo.com/57089618

It makes me smile :)

xo

W.




No comments:

Post a Comment