Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The last forty percent


So, there is an incredible photography team in London called The last forty percent. They rock in the boudoir department. They were looking for a couple who would come in and do a free shoot with them so they could use the images and teach a workshop in Montreal. Did I hear free?

While we were in Mont Tremblant, I let Michael know that we were doing this when we returned from our trip. He was not so impressed considering we haven't worked out consistently since our wedding. But he did it anyways.

I've shot boudoir before but never couples, although I've had a few requests. The last boudoir shoot I did with sweet Caroline, and her exact comment to me was that it was better than counselling or any type of therapy.

We aren't in the best shape, but I think they did an awesome job of capturing some saucy and tasteful photos of us. I also love the name of this husband and wife photography team. When we asked what it represented, Ewan said that people reveal 60% of their true identity and it's the last 40% that is left hidden, guarded, vulnerable. And it's the photographer's job to get through that barrier.

For the full blog post, click here.

It's exciting to be on the other side of the mailbox waiting for my full disk of images. I love the last photo particularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment